Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Off

On the trip I was given back. Well, I went head to head with my husband on this one. His big complaint was that his son was "being alienated" from him. (No thought to the fact that his anger alienates him. He is sure that I do it.) So I suggested very strongly that one way to "un-alienate" his son would be to allow his mom to go with him like he had planned. If you really want to appear to be nice, .... umm... act nice.

So I am going. I'm happy about it. Happy to be with my son. Happy to go and see what we are going to see. Happy to just get away for awhile.

Pray for the others at home. They will be watched over by others who will drop in and visit and check on them at school. But my husband is on his "down-swing" now. He is peaceful, nice, mostly kind.... he's got a week or two before he will build and be angry again.

So, I'll be off line until at least Friday night. I get home then, but may not be able to write until Saturday.

Thanks for all your prayer and support this last week. I haven't decided to do nothing even though it looks like it right now. Talking, evaluating, and deciding action will come next week when we have time to sit down and talk.

Ah, but just now my daughter came in tears.... "You're leaving?" She curled against me... "but what if Daddy gets mad?"

What do I say?

I think he won't. I think he won't. We have checks in place. He rarely gets mad at the younger three - only me and the oldest. He's calmed down.

But what if? And what do I say to children to whom mommy represents security?

Now I feel guilty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that you will have a wonderful trip. Let me know if you did NOT get an e-mail from me.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Praying for those left at home...