Friday, October 24, 2008

I Did It!

Hey - time to celebrate! And to stay off the thought that in two days, I have a scary meeting.

But today - news! I have been arguing with the government of one of my countries about some money they owe me. It is several thousand dollars that I should have been paid for my children, but they would not pay it because of the immigration status of their father. Well, what is odd is that my children are CITIZENS of this country and the laws for this money is that is is paid only to the MOTHER unless the father is the only parent. Well, why can my citizen children and their citizen mother not get their due money which has nothing to do with their father? Also, new immigrants get it immediately, and we don't?!

So, last year, they began to give it to us, after waiting several years, but those several years cost us thousands of dollars. So I filed a complaint for back pay. Didn't think I would win. No one wins against the government.

A few months ago, I got a letter saying they had reviewed my case and determined I had a good point - this is two years later, so imagine my shock. But no money appeared.

Today, in the mail, a notice that it has been deposited in my account! Wow! wow! I fought the government and won!

Maybe I should have been a lawyer after all....

3 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Wow! That IS reason to celebrate!!!! :)

Unknown said...

God provides in unusual ways, to say the least.

Alan & Beth McManus said...

Yay! That's great!