Sunday, October 12, 2008

Do You Believe in Jinxes?

No, of course we don't. We are Christians, after all! Seriously.

But isn't it funny when you say something and just then the opposite happens? When I work, we never say, "Oh, it is a quiet night." Never. Because the minute you do, it will get busy, crazy busy.

I was just leaving work tonight after a rough day (I'm finding life itself just rough with all the emotions going on right now.), and my coworker waved and said, "Goodnight, Ellie, hope your weekend gets better." I walked out, got in my car, and it wouldn't start. Nothing could get it going. Thankfully, my coworker gave me a ride home, but.....

No, I don't honestly believe in jinxes... but it is sure funny when things like this happen!

I'll deal with the car tomorrow. I think I know what it will need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know - not jinxes, but what about, "when it rains, it pours!" Seems like your life is like that right now :-(

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Sigh. Makes you wonder what God is up to?! May God give you peace in the middle of everything (I won't say "hope it gets better" LOL).