Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick Notes

I should really write some things about what is happening. It is just I either never know what to write, or I am too exhausted.

Thankful -
- for good changes I've seen in my husband
- for good conversations
- for decent Thanksgiving celebration and peace between family on the day.
- for a good birthday party for my daughter... no, it wasn't her birthday, that was earlier during the chaos.

Concerned -
- I still have decisions to make and wonder on what basis to make them and when
- I still see old habits and I still have unhealed wounds and the two do not always work together

Keep praying. Tonight did not go well, and I am concerned and unsure about tomorrow. Yet, it didn't go too badly, either... it is just the concerns... the knowing what how bad it can get that worries me. And yet there are good changes, too.

Pray that the good continues and the bad gradually disappears

4 comments:

Karis said...

I had intentions of emailing you back the day I got your email with your article attached, but the day went by without it happening. I haven't emailed much for the last month, but I intend to get around to it hopefully sooner than later. Thank you for taking time to send that to me.

Hang in there! It's great to hear you mention things you are choosing to be thankful for despite the things that are difficult. If you're like me (and I don't know that you are), the "what ifs" and the "if onlys" can be difficult not to dwell on.

Unknown said...

Praying Ellie...

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Thanks for posting...I've been wondering how things were going. I have been praying for you! Becky

Lori said...

Hi Ellie, Thank you for your honesty in your blog and posting, praying that God would embrace you in your struggles.

To answer your question about "wife cake" - Turns out it's Chinese snack made with flour, sweetened winter melon paste, sugar, and almond flavoring, sometime sesame seeds. It resembles some pastry/sweets I've eaten in Japan with Green Tea but I don't know if there is anything like it in the states. You can try goggling it for more information.

I hear it's called "wife cake" because legend says a wife made it for her husband who was a pastry chef and it was better than his cake. I don't think they have a 'husband cake' but I have heard of Moon Cakes.