Saturday, March 21, 2009

Construction


I know I said I was getting tired of writing...

but I wasn't sure I really wanted to get involved with another construction project. There was no choice, though. Our house sprung a leak. We fixed one, and were working on finishing the walls when there it was - more water on the floor...

So we fixed another... therefore blowing our budget for the room right out of the water.... and then finished the walls and ceilings.

Missing, missing being "over there" where at least labor to fix things was cheap. (Of course quality and speed of work was cheap, too.)

Hoping today to finish. My son, whose room it is, has chosen to go with blue, dark blue, and orange as a color scheme with diagonal lines and swirls. So lots of painting today, after I turn white from sanding!

Hoping, though, at the end, to have a warm, dry, basement room with real insulation and a real floor so it does not feel like an ice-box down there.

3 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Remodeling/construction is so disruptive! But the end result sounds really nice! I like basements...we have stayed in a friend's basement apt. off and on for years and we really enjoy it. So nice and cozy...

Ellie said...

Cozy... Becky, do you know where I live now? Cozy is a good word for a hot climate, but for a cold one... icebox is more like it! But, you're welcome to come up here and try it out! We still have snow in spots on the ground!

When we lived "over there", we did live in a basement once, and loved it! Finally a little cooler.

Unknown said...

No I would not describe it as 'cozy'...lol!

Praying for you and the family. Glad that he sought out medical treatment.

hugs...