Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What She Worries About

My daughter really tries to be thoughtful and she worries about things.

We were watching July 4th fireworks, and she pulled on my sleeve. "Mommy, what if the fireworks blow up the moon?" I assured her that they wouldn't, but she was not totally at peace. "I know they won't mommy, but what if they do anyway?"

Then these last few weeks, she's had a problem with wetting the bed. Why? I don't know. Perhaps lots of koolaid and late nights. Anyway, tonight we watched a semi-scary movie for her, so she was worried about nightmares. I said she could sleep in my bed.

"Mommy, what I am hoping is that I don't pee in your bed." I agreed that I would prefer that, too. Then she went on, "but if I do, do you want me to wake you up?"

Umm... yeah! If I don't already wake up. We settled on the blanket on the floor by my bed as a good option.

1 comment:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Okay, WAY behind on reading here...hope to catch up soon. Life has a way of getting disrupted and we're in El Paso for a couple of days unexpectedly. We knew we needed to renew visas, but weren't expecting to come for a couple more weeks...anyway, such a cute thing to worry about! She sounds like my oldest...