Sunday, February 13, 2011

How Much Longer?

The journey is longer than I thought it would be.  I thought it would be a simple walk.  I wasn't prepared for the twists, turns, drops, and climbs of this journey.  I've struggled with guilt and confusion at the length of the journey.  I've wondered at times if I had taken a wrong turn and got hopelessly lost.

I don't think I have.  I think we just never had any clue what this trip entailed.  No one told us.  Few really like to take a good look at this path, so I had just never studied it.  I thought it was a short, fairly easy trip.

It was never meant to be.  I think now I am climbing out of the valley, and there are moments that I can pause and look behind me.  I'm gaining some insight into it now.

This trip into trauma and out again.  It is quite the journey!

No comments: