Monday, December 28, 2009

Only On A Sunday - it's easy!

I was dressing for Christmas eve service, and I wanted to wear one black skirt.  (Ok, I can't believe I am admitting this on a public blog!)  With this skirt, I wear control top tights... well... because my tummy just ain't the way it used to be before it carried five babies.  So, I wear this.

Well, this night I couldn't find them.  Likely because my room was a mess! :)  So my daughter watched me search.  Finally she asked, "mommy, why do you wear your tight tights?"

"Oh, honey, they just make my tummy look a little smaller."

She tried to comfort me, "Mommy, you look really beautiful the way you are.  It will be ok."

I know.  It is just that my tummy looks better in jeans... so I muttered a "I know, thanks" as I continued to hunt.

She watched for a little bit more and then said, "But mommy, I know a way to make your tummy look smaller without your tight tights!"

What?

"Easy mommy, just run."

Thanks child.  Thanks.  That made me feel really good.

No comments: