Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When We Sleep

I went to bed last night hurting.  Wishing I had a friend to give me a hug.  While I actually have a good friend here now, it is the wrong type to ask a hug from. :)

So I went to bed sad.

I woke up and felt so happy right when I woke up.  I felt I had been held all night, held close and comforted.  I woke up feeling so incredibly loved and cared for.

Then I woke up more... and realized all is not right with the world.  But I still had that incredible sense of having been held and hugged.

Comforted.

So I smiled.  And when I dragged my half awake self down to make coffee and sit and read, I smiled some more.  I knew who had held me... the God who said He would be there for me.

And just that simple feeling encourages me today.  God sees.  And in ways I don't understand, He was even able to meet my huge need just to be held and comforted.  I am not alone.

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Amen! God is good. xx