Friday, October 1, 2010

Since We Are Here.....

.... let's all have a cup of coffee.

I know that some people read this blog - or perhaps a few people read it a lot. My little music counter at the bottom reads 918, so I think there are a few readers. I know a few of you because you have commented, and you have blogs. Others I don't know. I know that some of you are overseas, and it has been fun to interact with you and hear about where you are from. Some of you aren't. Don't feel unwelcome just because you aren't. Some of you have served in another country and are now home. Some haven't. That's fine. This is not a blog reserved for those who are in missions. This is just a blog - of someone who is, and who is not perfect. Struggling, but surviving. A place to be honest, and a place to talk in a life where I do not always get the chance to share how I feel.

But I'm curious - who are you? Let's sit down with a cup of coffee and introduce ourselves. If you are in the US, welcome - don't feel like you have to be a fly on the wall. Tell me about yourself. If you are in a place that you can't share freely where you are - hey, I get that. Just grab an unmarked cup and join the table! Tell me something about you.

You're next - go!

3 comments:

Shan in Japan said...

Okay, either I need to go the eye doctor or I just looked too quickly, I thought it said 6 comments and now find out I am the first to comment!
Well, since it is 11PM and I am going to bed soon, I have camomile tea instead of coffee-plus I don't like coffee:)
I guess you must know a little about me since you have commented on my blog in the past...
My name is Shan, grew up in the upper midwest, elementary teacher by trade, and now church planter in Japan by calling. I love Japan and getting to share the love of Jesus here. I love baking and sharing food, too. I enjoy running and hiking, being outside. I want to be able to say that Jesus is my best friend-all the time, every minute of every day.
I look forward to getting to know some of your other readers!

Carrie said...

Aw, carp! I just wrote out a long comment and my computer ate it. Fooey!

I wanted to tell you that I appreciate you blog. For one, I can relate somewhat to your anonymity. But more than that, I appreciate the raw honesty of your emotions. The post that most touched my heart was about dancing. Since that day, my heart has burned to learn how to dance even in the face of adversity. I really want to learn how to dance!

Keep bloggin' Girlfriend!

Unknown said...

I think I don't make a good cup of coffee - that is all there is to it! :)

Or I attract shy people... or....

Thanks for joining in, though!