Sunday, March 14, 2010

They Just Don't Get It

I went back to my other job that I work a few days at.  They just don't get what I really do.  There were the comments I got after being gone to "over there" for three weeks:

"So, how was your vacation?" 

Vacation?!  What vacation?

How come you don't have a tan?  Isn't it hot "over there"?

No, it ain't hot right now, and even if it was, I ain't likely to catch a tan THERE!

Slowly recovering from jet lag, from a migraine, and from a fever.  Starting to feel like myself again.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I hear ya.

Like when people think furlough is a vacation. HAAA!

I like the new blog design :)

Anonymous said...

no one ever gets it.

Preach and Heal said...

“He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.”

Elbert Hubbard

Unless you have lived it I suppose it is really hard to understand.