Sunday, March 14, 2010

They Just Don't Get It

I went back to my other job that I work a few days at.  They just don't get what I really do.  There were the comments I got after being gone to "over there" for three weeks:

"So, how was your vacation?" 

Vacation?!  What vacation?

How come you don't have a tan?  Isn't it hot "over there"?

No, it ain't hot right now, and even if it was, I ain't likely to catch a tan THERE!

Slowly recovering from jet lag, from a migraine, and from a fever.  Starting to feel like myself again.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I hear ya.

Like when people think furlough is a vacation. HAAA!

I like the new blog design :)

Alece said...

no one ever gets it.

Kirsten Nelson said...

“He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.”

Elbert Hubbard

Unless you have lived it I suppose it is really hard to understand.