Friday, June 26, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Well... when spring just never really shows up, spring cleaning gets pushed to early summer.

We've been working on cleaning this week. Got a lot done so far - garage, shed, basement, and a good basic clean in all the bedrooms. We still need to dig into the closets and drawers in the bedrooms, but bit by bit. My daughter, bless her heart, consented to try on every outfit she owned yesterday to see what she had outgrown. Then we went shopping to fill in the blanks. She's grown quite a bit! We gathered a big bag full of really nice hand-me-downs and saved them. We have a new family joining us in a few months with a daughter a year or two younger than mine, so she should fit the clothes just fine. I need to do the same with my boy's clothes, too.

We organized the storage shed with neatly labeled boxes and emptied and swept out the garage so we can reach our bikes without any hassle. I haven't planted my garden yet since it only warmed up and there will be construction next week on the fence between our neighbor and our yards. If I had planted anything, it would have been trampled on, so I just didn't. In two weeks, we are leaving anyway. I think we have house sitters for our house, but I am not sure how much gardening they want to do, so I may not put in the full garden, but simply fill it up with some cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes which will do well if someone is watching them or not.

Then, it was birthday party season. The weather had been so bad that most kids postponed their parties, and now that it is gorgeous, we've had three parties to go to this week. Thankfully, they are simple affairs with swimming, water balloons, or a trip to the park.

Life is still peaceful here. My husband is going to his weekly meetings with the pastor, and life at home is pretty good. We head off in two weeks to do our church visits. Can't say I am looking forward to it because I feel like we are at least half failing, and I have a hard time pretending things are fine when I talk to people all day and visit. Pretense makes me tired. But, it is also a time with some extra rest built in this time, and I am hoping that the rest will be good for us all.

Got to go now.... time to pick up kids from party #4.

2 comments:

Karis said...

It was good to hear from you. I was wondering around the middle of the week "where you were" and hoping all was well so you were "missed." Glad to hear things are peaceful. I agree that pretense is exhausting so I'm glad you have some rest time built into this church visiting time. Who knows who God has already arranged to minister to you and your family or who needs you to minister to them (well, except the obvious answer that God knows :-).

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Wow! You've been busy! I didn't do any spring cleaning either, but am wanting to...the house needs it! Great to hear from you and will be praying as you prepare for your trip.