Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lost In Translation

I'm not feeling that great today.  I woke up with a headache, perhaps a little of allergies.  I wasn't awake that long before I found out that I was fighting another bladder infection.  Then later on, I got the chills and feel like fainting.

But this provided a little laugh this morning.  I was combing out my daughter's hair in front of the mirror this morning, and my husband poked his head in to say goodbye.  He kissed me and patted my rear - nothing major.  But because I knew I had the bladder infection, I joking told him, "Don't get any ideas!"  He smiled and walked away.

Then my daughter wrinkled up her forehead and asked, "What do you mean 'Don't get any ideas.'?  Do you mean don't get any ideas about kissing other women?"

Ah - what is lost in translation to her little mind!!  I restrained my laughter in the face of my daughter's puzzlement and told her, "no, I meant don't get any ideas about kissing me any more right now because I am combing out your hair."

What else could I say?  The things that go through their minds!

1 comment:

Karis said...

The laughter from that had to be good medicine just when you needed it.