Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Running Into A Wall

I'm supposed to leave on a trip on Sunday.  I'm gone for three weeks.  I'm mostly packed with tickets in hand, so I am relaxed about that.  I even now have someone to meet me and somewhere to go, so things are really looking good.

The problems right now are at home:

Three of my four kids are throwing up today.

The house is a disaster and that bothers me.  I can't leave with it like that.

Four kids have major school projects that need to be done before I leave because they won't get done while I am gone.

My husband is a little stressed because we are going through an audit at work.

Something that was supposed to be done and in my hands to evaluate before I go is not even started.  We're running into resistance from one man who simply says he will not do it.  I don't know what to do about this, and feel really discouraged.

Oh, and I'm feeling sick like the kids, but I don't throw up.  We've got splitting headaches and upset tummies.

Not even sure how to pull off this trip feeling like this.  We're supposed to be starting something new, something to reach out to women who have largely been ignored in what we do.  And today, I honestly feel like quitting.  I'm not going to, but I feel that discouraged.  I don't know how to get past this one man who insists he just won't do what he is supposed to do.  If my husband was not caught up in the audit, he might have time to deal with him, but he's too busy right now and will be until I leave.

I just want to curl up in bed, pull a pillow over my head, and try not to puke.  Not feeling like going into a fight to get stuff done.

But I know that God has led here, and I am not going to curl up in bed - well, not for more than a nap, at least.  Then it is up to finish and get ready.  To send out prayer requests that we get past this last hurdle.

2 comments:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

I'm sorry!!! I will be praying for you. Especially since it really seems like this trip is something you are supposed to do.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Good grief! That's a lot of junk to deal with this week, just reading it I felt like joining you with my under your pillow, too! :o Will be praying for you this week...hope it all comes together for you in spite of things the way they are.