Ok - my husband is gone for two weeks...
- the brakes on the car went funny
- it rained so hard that two months worth of snow melted in two hours
- the melted snow leaked into my house and ran across my son's floor.
- A drainage ditch needed to be dug to the street to drain the puddles of melted snow.
- the carpet needs to be ripped up quickly before we have mildew (thankfully, it was going to be ripped up for trash next month anyway!)
All that, and I was tired. Today, I was able to talk to my husband (yay!) and life was looking better. No major emergencies today besides a severely constipated child in tears, but we got that worked out - literally!
Then came those five words I am beginning to dread. "Mom, can you come here?"
I went. My middle son had taken a bath, and like all my kids, had wrapped in a towel and came down by the gas fireplace to warm himself. Warm himself he had! A bit too close. And now his cheeks are sporting two fairly large burns. Yes, those cheeks!
Sometimes, all you can do is laugh and reach for the frozen vegetables!