Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Work - Piled Up and Waiting

Yup, I do some of that, too.

The end of the month is approaching quickly and with it, a deadline. Yikes! I am supposed to have ten lessons written. I'm finishing up number five, so still a long ways to go. Ok, ok, I'll agree, I am a bit of a procrastinator....

It is just that writing these lessons, which are written in a drama with stories thrown in in monologues, are a bit more complicated. Each one is over ten pages of writing. Work that I should have been doing a few months ago. Only a few months ago, we were not doing well. I thought I could keep working even through the stress, but I couldn't. I would stare at the page, and my mind looked as blank as it. Thinking of cheerful, lighthearted conversation between the women in the dramas was impossible when my heart was so heavy.

I'm thankful to be where I am today. There are still heavy moments in life when we have some deeper conversations about issues and work things out, but all in all, there are far more happy moments than sad. More laughter than tears. And the other day when I sat down behind my computer, words began to flow.

It is just that I need words like a river in spring run off to be able to meet my deadline.

I also need discipline - one of those thing which is not my favorite items nor one that I am necessarily the best at!

So, pray for me.

2 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

I am glad that these days I have no "work" like that to do! It is so hard to pull it together when those words just won't come! Will be thinking of you today, praying for the spring melt! :)

Ellie said...

Number five finished today!