Monday, January 11, 2010

Only during Service - The Dead Man

My daughter has a facination with dead people.  No, she's not morbid.  She's full of life and full of fun.  But she has this thing about dead people - especially during a sermon.

Our pastor has a thing about dying.  He doesn't like it at all.  Every New Year's, he mentions that a new year is one more year closer to dying.  That is fine with me - dying might be uncomfortable, but there is no death, only life... so it is fine with me.

But poor pastor preached a pretty good sermon, but only once - very breifly - mentioned a dead man.  The man who said to Jesus, "Let me first go bury my father".... 

That was all it took!  I looked over at my daughter's notebook, and she was busy drawing...



 

We still haven't figured out what the guy flying up in the sky is.  

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's hilarious! I love it!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

lol! Love the drawing...reminds me of Micah's drawings, he usually has somebody flying around in the sky, too...my kids also are fascinated with 'dead' and 'dying'...they often ask me about my dad who died 11 years ago! And after we talked about people in Haiti dying, and others who die around the world without God, they asked, "Is Papi dead?". (he's gone on a trip)