Monday, August 10, 2009

God Knows What Size I Wear

So we came home, and we traveled light. It is supposed to be hot here, and it is cold. We went to some garage sales to get some old grubby clothes for our kids and for me when we go camping with friends. In one sale, there was a pile of old clothes they had for free - they had paint, stains, or rips. That's fine. I need them for boys who rip and stain everything, and I need them for a weekend.

I found everything I needed for the boys, and saw a pair of men's jeans. I don't wear men's jeans, but for camping... I grabbed them on the thought that they might work, washed them and tried them on. They are a perfect fit! Yeah, a little looser than my normal cut of jeans, but that is fine for camping.

I laughed. Why should I be surprised? God knows what size I wear.

6 comments:

Shilo said...

Love that story, Ellie!
Blessings this week! And safety while you camp.
Shilo

Sharon said...

God is so good to His children! I always try to remember to pray when I go clothes shopping and He has surprised me with some amazing finds. I'm glad He's not just partial to me.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Awesome! So glad you got exactly what you needed...

Anonymous said...

Great story, Ellie. I needed to hear that today.

nora said...

Ugh. Ellie, 6p00 etc is Nora trying to use typekey to comment. That worked well.

Karis said...

Love garage sales! Miss them a lot here in Cameroon. Not that we don't have our own chances at bargaining, but they start the price so high so even to talk them down half the price is still more than I would pay at thrift shops or garage sales in the U.S. Sigh...