Monday, May 9, 2011

Oh, the Conversations!

I had to be in school this morning, so I was attempting to get my hair in a somewhat manageable state and asked #3 and my daughter to make their lunches.  As they worked away, I told them to clean up as they go since I have a meeting tonight and don't need extra mess.  This then was the conversation:

Mom is really busy recently.

I know.  I don't know why she wants to be so busy.

Well, maybe because she has a lot of kids, so that makes you busy.

How would you chose to be a mom, I mean, how would you do that?

You have babies.  That is how you become a mom!

I know, but like, why would you chose that... does everyone want to be a mom?

Well, you can't be a mom even if you want to - you're a boy!

I know that! But...

And even if you want to be a parent, it is a lot easier for you to be a dad than it is for a girl to be a mom - it doesn't take as much work! (I had to put my hand over my mouth not to giggle at this point)

Yeah... but you're a girl.. Do you want to be a mom when you grow up?

Um... I don't know... maybe... I don't want to have to decide right now...

Their conversations crack me up at times!  If only I had some sort of recording device I could quietly switch on in the kitchen!!!

Then we were driving the other day and passed a school that my daughter had never seen before and she asked what type of school that was.  I replied that it was a private school. 

She gave me a funny look.  "Private?!  How private can it be when it is right there for everyone to see?!"

No comments: